Park View Lodge is a beautifully designed one bedroom dog-friendly, contemporary converted attached but private barn conversion, with visitors own large brick paved parking area directly in front of the lodge. Perfectly located a 15-minute walk or short drive to the historic town of Barnstaple reputed to be the oldest borough in England, an ideal rural location for exploring the beautiful North Devon countryside, coastline and beyond.
Internally, Park View Lodge features an open plan living and dining area with three steps down to the beautifully designed kitchen with high gloss units, large rain censored Velux window with remote control to open, closed and operate the blinds. There is also LED lighting to the ceiling and skirting, and integrated draw ironing board. The property also features touch screen underfloor heating throughout every room. A welcome pack is also provided.
Externally, a large bricked paved area to the front for parking for one car with a bistro table and chairs. Opposite the lodge, approx. eight metres and through a gate up the steps is a new three tired newly designed decking area with sole use for visitors of Park View Lodge. The Owner’s gardens can be seen from here. Featuring a double swing seat, table, chairs, umbrella and sun loungers. Access is given to the Owners garden.
Barnstaple is reputed to be the oldest borough in England, it continues to be an important market town for the region and has a lively town centre, bustling with cafes, restaurants and shops. The Tarka Trail with bike hire is found at Barnstaple train station, a series of footpaths and cycle paths around North Devon that follow the route taken by Tarka the Otter in the book of that name. It is a figure-of-eight route, based in Barnstaple and covers some 31 miles of path.
Within five miles Instow Beach is situated with its seafood restaurants and quaint pubs. Further on another mile and a half is Bideford, leading to Westward Ho! and Appledore. Within 10-15 miles are the beaches of Saunton, Croyde, Puttsborough and Ilfracombe.
Enclosed garden for your dogs to roam free, they are fully welcomed here.
Can only accept bookings over 7+ nights over the Christmas period
- Open plan double height living and dining area with beamed ceilings, an Oriel stained glassed window and skylight window
- All area have LED lighting and touchscreen, underfloor heating
- A flight of stairs to a small mezzanine ideal for reading and relaxing with a reclining massage chairs and footstool
- Furnished with an L-shaped sofa, wood burning stove, swivel coffee table, flatscreen TV with a full Sky HD package, DVD, CD player and radio
- Wi-Fi internet access available
Cooking & Dining
- Fully fitted with skirting lighting and under wall cupboard lighting
- Featuring an electric oven with grill, electric hob, fridge, dishwasher, washing machine with dryer, integrated drawer ironing board. Although there is no freezer, the fridge includes a freezer box
- Complete with a full range of utensils and accessories which are all A+ for energy efficiency including a microwave, kettle incorporating one cup dispenser, toaster, cafeteria, knife block and coffee machine
- An iron is available
- Dining area adjoining the living area and gives access via three steps to the kitchen
- Featuring a table and seating for four
- A bedroom featuring a double bed with memory foam mattress
- All linen is high thread count Egyptian cotton
- Featuring two bedside cabinets with lamps, dressing table with stool/chair, chest of drawers, integrated wardrobe with full-length mirror, trouser press and wash basin with touch screen LED lit mirror with integrated shaver point
- All lighting is LED with LED reading lights over the bed
- Touch screen underfloor heating
- A luxury bathroom suite with a fully tiled floor, Jacuzzi bath, separate shower cubicle, WC, wash basin, touch control demister mirror with LED lights, clock and integrated shaver point
- A newly designed decked patio area with own entrance furnished with table, chairs, sun loungers and double swing seat
- Steps leading up to the fenced enclosed garden.